I managed to get it all together. I got the whole bottom buttoned up, the valve lash is set, the trick new always dry felpro valve cover gaskets are in, the waterpump is on.... should be sliding it back in tomorrow!
It is back in there! The mains plastigauged out to .002-.0025, and the rods
were at .0015. Excellent. Now just waiting on a few more pieces...
Got the battery box in and mounted too... here is a note for anyone about
to embark on the battery box stuff.... Ford must have been thinking about
a rear mounted battery when they built the car. There is a plug about 6
inches ahead of where the battery box sits in this picture. It goes right
down throught he bottom of the frame. I simply drilled a hole on the
frame, and wallah; an instant good ground. The engine in the front will
be grounded to the frame as well, to ensure good grounding all around.